One of the world’s largest food retail chains – McDonald’s is operated by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. and Connaught Plaza Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. in India. The fast food retail chain is loved by younger generation people, family members and best place to hangout with friends.
After it’s introduction in India, people started admiring the flavours and special delicacies which are renowned across the world especially coming from the US.
Those admiring to be the franchise of McDonald’s India should possess some serious investment money and be able to bear the initial cost of investment. The reason why McDonald’s has been highly successful in building the trust among the people is their food quality and service.
One of their retail chain members recently admired that people love the food according to the brand they follow – which is exactly the reason why this fast food retail chain developed over the years in so many countries.
Is McDonald’s Franchise In India – A Milestone For Making Millions?
The question itself has the correct answer – People who start off their business in popular franchise opportunities often throw away due to lack of growth and substantial income to support the needs. Now here’s an example of franchise opportunity which needs millions of money to invest upon and simultaneously returns back double the millions! Yes you hear that correctly, and this is the very reason why there is a sudden rise of McDonald’s popularity in India.
A good food can always win hearts of millions and millions of people. Some of the popular fast food delicacies being Hamburgers, Fries, McChicken, McVeggie’s and many more. In modern days people need something much faster and quicker to save every second, this is where McDonald’s as a retail chain has done to serve people and fulfill their needs accordingly.
If you imagine even a family of many members can have great food at an affordable price. These are some of the reasons why you should definitely consider following the franchise opportunity by McDonald’s especially here in India.
Business Insider quotes that an average franchise cost for setup would be on the higher side in metro cities.
How To Start McDonald’s Restaurant In India – Franchise Setup Details
If you are serious about joining the franchise business opportunity with McDonald’s, then few points are needed to be considered to make it successful. They require someone who is highly qualified within the background of managing business, experience in fast food chain is a big bonus and someone good with management skills of overlooking the entire restaurant’s daily activities and reporting the same.
Now there are specific kinds of franchise offers which McDonald’s Restaurant possess and depends upon the location and rating of the overall area. These are:
1. Restaurant setup within Food courts, Store fronts, Freestanding Building – These are commonly referred to as traditional stores and they offer the highest quality of meal with full menu being served. These fast food chains are managed within the zone of McDonald’s premium chain divisions in India.
2. Restaurant setup within Airports, Universities, Hospitals, Retail environment – They are commonly referred as satellite stores and doesn’t contain the entire official menu of McDonald’s as served in premium chain restaurants.
They offer extended services to other brand of foods as well and depends upon the working and availability of food products. These require less initial cost of investments.
3. Restaurants within Malls, Retail stores, Railway stations, Fuel stations – They form the part of small premium chain restaurants where full premium menu is available similar to traditional stores. The restaurant often works under the shared scheme within the building of some other public services. They require intermediate level of investment and cost.
4. Restaurants within Offices, Business Buildings, Corporate servings – They form the part of business lease franchise opportunity where individuals are not the full asset owners of the restaurant. Only a part of ownership is allotted to owners say 20 percent in the first year which simultaneously increases as they invest upon other deals.
These four types of franchise business opportunities are currently available with McDonald’s India and requires expansion across various sectors within the cities. All these specific franchise types are coordinated by Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. as a part of asset owning firm.
Details Of McDonald’s Franchise Business In India – Application Form And Training
Individuals who are interested in starting a McDonald’s restaurant will be required to send an application online for availing the business opportunity. The following details are mandatory to be kept in mind while framing a proper deal in order to impress management team in giving you thumb’s up among thousands of applications. Here are few points:
1. You should possess some experience in managing food retail chains in India – An experience in McDonald’s itself is like a golden gem in getting the franchise.
2. Choose among the above franchise type of operation you are interested to invest upon.
3. Research the place where you are likely to setup the restaurant. Look for any other McDonald’s chain within closeby areas. If it is present, your applications stands rejected in many cases. Try working out a location good for people and worth for investment!
Do you love setting up Cement franchise business opportunity for yourself? Read this: Cement Dealership and Distributorship opportunities
4. Prepare a business plan and mention how will you handle the overall manpower within your restaurant. Make sure to give a very good reason in establishing and giving profits to the company.
Typically your applications will be approved on the basis on cost of investments you make which will be realized in the next step below.
After getting a green signal, McDonald’s offers free training at Hamburger University in USA. Most of the corporate owners learn how to manage the fast food chain and their manpower on daily basis. Trainings are also given for establishing a successful franchise chain, building brand trust among people within nearby areas and developing double the profits within few days of time.
What Is The Cost Of Investment And Profit Margin For McDonald’s Franchise In India
The initial cost will be taken up by the individual and his firm investing in the opportunity. McDonald’s does not provide any sort of financial assistance in terms of money, lease, rent or anything.
Investment Costs in Franchise: A popular premium chain of McDonald’s Restaurant has initial costs around Rs.30 Lacs to Rs.40 Lacs. The investment amount / cost and royalty fees depends upon the types of retail chain franchise you are opting as given above.
Traditional McDonald’s Restaurants (Within the city any place) – Rs.25 Lacs
In Airports, Hospitals, Universities (Within and outside city) – Rs.32 Lacs
In Railway stations, Malls, Retail store, Fuel stations – Rs.39 Lacs
In Business Corporate offices – Depends upon investment as low as Rs.10 Lacs
The cost involves machines being installed at the restaurant, furniture installation, computerized billing system, McDonald’s food menu display screens, electricity facility, In-house lighting, Delivery packets, sealed food packets, internet facility and Restaurant support fees.
If you are willing to install some extra facilities for your restaurant members, it will be charged extra as per actual charges. Retail space rents, office rents and corporate adjustments will be taken care by the individual and his firm.
Expected Profit Margin For McDonald’s India Franchise Opportunity
Right now the profit is such that you will be able to meet your investment surplus within 6 months of time. Whatever the profits come along, you will be sharing only 20 percent with McDonald’s as a part of royalty fees.
You will simultaneously get access to free delivery packets from Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd. to support your retail chain. Different cities will vary in receiving margin funds from them. However you can rely on them to provide you the best results in moving time.
McDonald’s have greatly evolved as a fast retail food chain and their way of operations is generally on a profitable side.
All the margins basically depends on the food order menu items. The higher price bracket is generally considered for combo meal plans. Therefore they become the highest selling gross revenue generator for all dealers.
So the official profit margin stands out to be 80% of the total sales generated.
McDonald’s Franchise In India Contact Details And Address
Currently people who are willing to rent space to McDonald’s India can also fill application online for availing franchise opportunity. If you are genuinely interested in moving ahead, please drop in your letter of interest as per necessary details mentioned above to the below mentioned address:
Hardcastle Restaurants Private Limited
1001 – 1002, Tower – 3,
10th Floor, IndiaBulls Financial Center,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road,
Mumbai – 400013.
All enquiries concerning South and West India should be addressed to Hardcastle Restaurants as they hold the majority while enquiries for North and East India should be addressed to Connaught Plaza Restaurants.
Kindly make sure that you are posting your application request in form of comments below for processing your franchise request. You can also reach out to be on my official email in case of any personal help needed for setting up McDonald’s retail chain at your location.
McDonald’s Franchise Agreement / Disclosure / Terms And Conditions For Indian Business Application
As per setup of new retail space and restaurant, McDonald’s India has setup few rules and regulations to be taken care of while implementing few measures in smooth functioning of the store. This is undersigned in a 15 day FDD documents which mentions important points about upkeep and general discipline within the store.
This is not a new set of agreement or documents which is seen for the first time – even other food retail chains like KFC, Patanjali Ayurved, Domino’s and Pizza Hut have also implemented the same to maintain the store cleanliness and discipline within the environment. �?All the regulations involves payment terms, food quality measures, complains and other guidelines to be taken care by the individual and his firm.
The document shall reserve the right to cancel anyone’s official license of franchise without intimation of the same if illegal measures are found. We request you to go through the terms and conditions carefully before undersigning and make sure you abide by it according to company’s policy.
McDonald’s India Franchise Available States And Cities
The following cities and states have the franchise opportunity open for further qualification and applications online.
1. Maharashtra – Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Kolhapur, Navi Mumbai
2. Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat, Bhavnagar, Porbandar, Bharuch, Gandhinagar, Vapi
3. Karnataka – Bangalore
4. Rajasthan – Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Kota, Alwar
5. Jharkhand – Ranchi, Jamshedpur
6. West Bengal – Kolkata, Howrah, Sealdah, Purulia, Bolpur, Darjeeling, North 24 Parganas
7. Chhattisgarh – Raipur, Bilaspur, Durg
8. Uttar Pradesh (UP) – Noida, Agra, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Bareilly
9. Telangana – Hyderabad
10. Andhra Pradesh (AP) – Vizag, Trichy
11. Punjab – Amritsar, Ludhiana, Chandigarh
12. New Delhi and NCR
13. Haryana – Gurgaon
14. Madhya Pradesh (MP) – Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur
15. Kerala – Thrissur, Ernakulam, Trivandrum
16. Tamil Nadu – Chennai, Coimbatore
17. Odisha – Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Puri